The shower bath becomes the perfect walk-in experience.
Have you noticed? We have a passion for innovative design. Our concept of the floor-level shower has changed the market, set trends worldwide and is increasingly becoming the standard. We are continuously writing on this tradition: with our minimalist walk-in shower surfaces and now newly with the world's first shower tile, the BetteAir. Our concepts blend harmoniously into any architectural design and can be realised in almost any ambience thanks to state-of-the-art technology. In this way, we create comfort without thresholds, a generous spatial effect and absolute freedom of movement. And even in your favourite colour. Any questions?
Anyone building a new bathroom or redesigning an existing one will often come up against the question: tiled shower with a shower channel, or floor-level shower area? We compare the two solutions:
Bette shower areas
- cover the sensitive shower area completely, without joints
- have a robust, glass-hard surface that dirt is unable to adhere to
- are easy to clean
- reliably protect the building shell against water penetration
- are permanently accessible for inspection tasks and a long-term investment in quality and durability
Joints in a tiled shower area
- are real dirt traps
- are a perfect breeding ground for germs and bacteria
- are hard to clean
- the porous joints lead to water damage
- are laborious and expensive to repair and maintain
- cannot be reused in conversions and renovations
Why opt for one of our floor-level shower areas? Lots of reasons.
Our new BetteAir shower tile has a special aesthetic just like all Bette shower surfaces made of glazed titanium steel. Both concepts integrate flush with the bathroom floor and can be matched to current tile colours on request to achieve a consistent colour design. With their pointed corners, they integrate perfectly into the tile grid. The result is a perfectly shaped shower area: immaculately hygienic and seamlessly beautiful. Those who opt for a floor-level shower from Bette do without joints in the shower area; the necessary slope for the water to run off is integrated almost imperceptibly into the shower surface. Dirt and bacteria find almost no foothold on the glass-hard and non-porous surface. A damp cloth is all that is needed for maintenance. No harsh cleaning agents are needed at all. This saves time and protects the environment.
What needs to be considered when planning?
- Installation height of the floor and clarification of drainage (sideways or vertical)
- Slope of shower areas ensures that the water always flows towards the drain
- A floor-level shower is a barrier-free solution